Weather-Related Closure Information
As we head into the winter months, it is possible we may experience weather events that result in school closure or delay.
School closure and/or delay decisions are made as early in the morning as possible. A top priority in making the decision to close or delay schools is the safety of students and employees. If schools are closed or dismissed early, after-school and evening activities also will be canceled. Community use of schools will be canceled only if schools are closed.
If no information regarding school closures is reported, then schools are open and on regular schedules.
There are several ways to get school closure information:
- Go to the VPS homepage at www.vansd.org
- Go to FlashAlert at http://flashalert.net
- Subscribe to receive free email and text announcements about school closures: go to www.flashnews.net to sign up.
- Download the free Vancouver Public Schools mobile app to your smartphone or tablet, http://www.vansd.org/mobileapp.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to see our school closure posts:
- Call the District’s Snow/Closure Info line at 360-313-1401, General Information at 360-313-1000, or the automated information line at 360-313-1234.
- Check radio, television and newspaper websites.
- Only if schools are closed early during the school day, the district will send automated phone calls to families.